We’re just sharing a quick post to announce that Keyman 15.0 is now available in beta!
You can download the Keyman 15.0 beta at the Keyman 15.0 Beta Landing Page.
Two major features have been added to our Android, iOS and Web platforms:
We’ve made many additional bug fixes and improvements (see the version history, and are highlighting just a few of them here.
New Localizations (Many Nigerian languages provided by Translators Without Borders):
- Demgal Fulfulde
- Mandala (Wandala)
- Shuwa (Latin)
- Simplified Chinese
Keyman 15.0 Feedback
- Please send feedback about Keyman 15 to the Keyman Community site.
What’s New in Keyman 15 for Windows?
- Use Keyman Core internally (#5443)
What’s New in Keyman 15 for macOS?
- Localizable UI (#5869)
- Display Unicode package name correctly instead of ‘????’ (#6016)
- Add support for M1 processor (#5701)
What’s New in Keyman 15 for Linux?
- Now supports Ubuntu 21.04 (Hirsute), 21.10 (Impish), and 22.04 (Jammy)
- Improvements in Debian packaging (#5022)
- Fix crash when displaying certain keyboard details (#5758)
- Caps Lock Stores (#5497)
- Support for Ubuntu Jammy 22.04 (#6037) and Impish 21.10 (#5334)
- fcitx5 integration (#5215)
- Improve installation of packages in shared location (#6015)
- Improvements in Debian packaging
- Automated integration tests with Keyman Core
- Lots of bugfixes
What’s new in Keyman 15 for Android?
- Keyman Engine no longer needs internet access
- English keyboard can now be removed (#5838)
- Add a menu to adjust keyboard height (#5606)
- Add a settings option to change the displayed keyboard name on the spacebar
- Improve the globe key experience for switching keyboards (#5437, #5973):
- Short press and release the globe key to immediately switch to next keyboard
- Long press and release the globe key to bring up the keyboard picker menu
- Allow switching to other system IME’s in the keyboard picker menu
- Select numeric layer when entering a number field (#5664)
- Improved performance (#5376)
What’s new in Keyman 15 for iPhone and iPad?
- General polish, bug fixes, and performance improvments
- Update minimum iOS version to 12.1 (#5165)
What’s New in KeymanWeb 15?
- Refactored OSK Core
- Promise-based API (#5389, #5260, #5121)
- Improve keyboard switch performance (#5958)
- Enable mouse interaction for the predictive banner (#5739)
What’s new in Keyman Developer 15?
- Core-based debugger (#5425, #5448, #5513)
- Keyman Developer Server (#6033,#6034,#6035,#6036)
- Improved native-mode debugger (#5696, #5640, #5647)
- Web test no longer needs Developer tools for touch testing (#5723)
Add support for
U_xxxx_yyyy_...identifiers so you can emit more than a single Unicode character with touch keys without additional kmn code (#5894)
- Keyman Developer debugger no longer depends on Keyman for Windows (#5588)
- Live reload of web debugger (#6035)